to c£160k plus car, bonus, equity
My client is a medium sized market leading, PE backed manufacturer of high-quality products headquartered in the North West with UK wide operations.
Highly profitable, with strong year on year growth, it has continued to perform extremely well over the past 12 months has ambitious plans to double in size over the next 4-5 years through both organic and acquisitive means. It has a strong differentiated proposition and is excellently placed to continue developing its market share in addition to broadening its product offering via the acquisition of further high quality complementary brands.
As part of these exciting plans and the focus on taking the business to exit in due course, it is seeking to recruit a high calibre CFO who will play an integral role in ensuring the business fully realises its market potential.
Working closely with the CEO and the wider management team, this broad and highly commercial role will include:
• Ensuring the business has a first class and commercially integrated finance team, capable of providing incisive and proactive visibility of business performance as the business scales
• Robust evaluation of emerging opportunities and associated investment appraisals
• Proactive identification of opportunities for profit maximisation and effective management of risk
• Alongside co-directors play integral part in driving strategy, business development and future plans
• Ensure effective cash management, working capital and capital expenditure
• Development of IT infrastructure and financial controls to ensure effective scalability and support as the business grows
• Evaluation, execution and integration of any acquisitions
• Management of the business’s property portfolio
• Building a strong relationships with the private equity stakeholders and main point of contact for the banks, auditors and other relevant advisors
• Maintaining a continual focus on maximisation of shareholder value and helping prepare the business for a successful exit
• Proven CFO - ideally with experience in a private equity backed business
• Demonstrable experience of helping driving growth in a business of decent scale and complexity
• Direct manufacturing experience or alternatively extensive experience of working with manufacturing businesses (e.g. in an advisory capacity)
• Involvement in prior exit scenarios (either PE/flotation or trade sale)
• Ability to build and manage a successful team (Finance, commercial, IT, HR, general admin)
• Must possess gravitas, confidence and have strong ‘front facing’ presentation skills
• Prior experience of M&A will be a distinct advantage