Axon Moore are working in exclusive partnership with a Private Equity backed manufacturer based in Elland to recruit a high calibre Group Finance Manager.
A highly successful PE backed business with operations across the globe. The business is profitable, with a strong balance sheet, and expects to grow by 50% in the coming years via a mixture of both organic means and acquisition.
The role is essentially technical in focus yet requires an individual who has very strong communication skills. It is envisaged that the Group Finance Manager will offer challenge and advice to the business and by up-skilling / developing their small group finance team will free up time to become more business focussed.
Key duties will include:
• Management and development of the Group Finance Team
• Production of monthly consolidated group accounts, reconciliations and KPIs
• Production and consolidation of group budgets and financial plans
• Production of monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and forecasts
• Development of business wide financial controls, risk management and corporate governance procedures
• Managing the audit relationship and liaising with external advisers on tax and treasury matters
• Supporting the CFO on key initiatives such as finance restructuring, M&A projects and systems implementation projects
• Production of annual Statutory Accounts
• Ownership of Corporation Tax, PAYE and VAT returns
• Providing insights and responses to parent company questions
• Overseeing group cash-flow, preparation of forecasts and treasury management
• Consolidation of weekly site flash reports
• Building value-adding relationships with senior operational management across the business to drive improved financial performance
Key skills and experience:
• Must be fully qualified, ACA is highly desirable
• Strong written and verbal communication skills – you will engage with colleagues across the world on a daily basis and you’ll need to ensure processes and standards are being followed
• Strong up-to-date technical financial accounting knowledge
• Can demonstrate previously driving process improvements
• Highly motivated and pro-active self starter
• Experience of having worked in a group environment greatly preferred
The preference is to hire a practice trained accountant who has spent the last couple of years working in industry. The business has succession plans in place which will allow the Group Finance Manager to progress, so are keen to hire someone with ambition and an appetite for personal development.
Salary of £50,000-£65,000 + bonus, pension and other benefits.