Axon Moore are exclusively partnering with a high growth private equity backed services company based in Manchester who are looking for a Financial Controller. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing SME that is currently going through progressive and positive change and looking to bring in an ambitious hands-on Financial Controller. This position will be working very closely to a high calibre Finance Director and will have exposure to the board/PE house. This excellent opportunity will be focusing on driving controls and new processes, looking at the commercials and being a strong number 2 in finance.
The role will include:
• Overseeing the full production of the financial accounts, transactional function and payroll
• Developing a finance team of 6 including qualified
• Lead on internal and external reporting, production of monthly accounts, management information, KPI’s and budgeting/forecasting to support the group
• Coordinate annual external audit process and statutory accounts production
• Have full ownership of the P&L, balance sheet reconciliations and commercial projects
• Manage working capital cycle, WIP and cash flow forecasting
• Part of the leadership team which includes partnering senior stakeholders/board in presenting and explaining financial information and performance of the business
• Driving new control processes, business improvements and supporting the FD with ad hoc commercial projects
You will be a fully qualified and dynamic accountant from either a ACA, CIMA or ACCA background and looking to step into your first number 2 role. You will need to have a solid level of accounting background, strong academic and have strong technical experience. This will be a significant role to step you into a future Finance Director role and work and develop under an excellent group Finance Director.
Salary is £65k - £70k + bonus + benefits
For further details then please contact Perran Cooke at Axon Moore