Axon Moore is recruiting a qualified accountant to join a business located close to Skipton, in an autonomous Financial Controller role to cover maternity leave.
The role itself can offer full exposure to the finance function and the employer is actively looking for someone to have influence in the commercial decision making and business strategy.
The role sits at the head of the finance team, with an Assistant Accountant to help you with the day to day. Reporting into the Directors, the role covers a number of areas.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Controller:
• Overseeing the day to day operation of the finance department
• Preparing the monthly management accounts
• Presentation of monthly accounts to the Board of Directors
• Preparation of annual budget
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Preparation of the yearend financial accounts and liaising with external auditors
• Reconciling bank accounts on a daily basis and preparing the cashflow
• General company secretary duties
• Managing the payroll and auto-enrolment
• Quarterly VAT returns
The role of Financial Controller requires a fully qualified accountant (CIMA / ACA / ACCA) or qualified by experience with previous experience in a similar role of Company Accountant / Financial Controller / Financial Accountant / Management Accountant. Preferably with the experience of and desire to work across the full finance function of a smaller business.
Character wise the business seeks an honest, trustworthy, and loyal individual who wants to work across a business as the finance lead. In return the business can offer an FTC for at least 12 months in a friendly, close knit environment.