A great opportunity for an Investment Manager to join a successful growing business based in Manchester City Centre.
The purpose of the role is to play a key part in managing and coordinating the acquisition team, helping the business and their Charity Partners to create housing for vulnerable people across the UK.
• Manage, co-ordinate, coach and grow an existing property acquisitions team that is currently investing £60m+ across 4 different property funds, acquiring and refurbishing hundreds of “ordinary homes on ordinary streets” across the UK.
• Ensure property portfolios are built in line with targets and projections in collaboration with our investment committees and find creative ways to identify potential properties to acquire at volume.
• Support the team around identifying any problems that arise at any stage of the acquisition process and be proactive in finding solutions (from sourcing properties to legal completion)
• Use your network to originate, negotiate and execute more complex property transactions (eg: conversions and new build projects)
• Support the wider team around further capital raising and investor relations including investor reporting and investor meetings.
• Participate in meetings, conferences and events led or attended by key stakeholders or potential partners in the sector.
Experience & Skills:
• Experience of property related transactions / UK property market.
• Experience of leading teams across multiple workstreams.
• Experience of sales, lettings, property management, property progression and conveyancing.
• Able to work in a very fast paced and high-volume property acquisition process.
• Competent IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office and web-based tools. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must and you should also be comfortable in learning new tools quickly.
• A self-starter, you should be able to plan and prioritise your own work.
• Enjoy rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in – do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Portfolio management and property development experience would be desirable.
If you have the skills and experience required and want to work for an innovative, growing business, with lots of variety and opportunity, then please don’t hesitate to apply.