Excellent opportunity for a Credit Control Manager to join a highly respected and successful business based in Trafford Park.
Purpose of the role:
The Group Credit Control Manager will be accountable for the performance of the Credit Control team and the achievement of cash collection performance and the holistic credit management of Group’s various customer portfolios as well as any related stewardship and reporting
• Set monthly cash collection target
• Ensure accurate cash and aged debt forecasts are produced
• Manage the credit insurance policy to ensure MEP is not breached and all accounts are reported to insurers in line with agreed process
• Manage divisional debt and prepare weekly reporting pack
• Attend customer meetings in order to negotiate emerging issues through to resolution
• Ensure that all credit limits are set in accordance with Company guidelines and provide risk advice to the Group’s businesses, aiming to minimise bad debt and maximise turnover
• Review and approve non-standard credit account applications
• Maintain and manage an agreed credit strategy.
• Ensure the team keep up to date on individual tasks such as reducing the unallocated cash, taking accounts off dispute, chase customers when direct debits have failed.
• Conduct regular ledger reviews with controllers & be able to provide updates & reports on performance of accounts & sales ledger performance using performance and trend analysis.
• Regular auditing of insured credit limits and reporting guidelines at team level.
• Ownership of data cleansing and auditing at agreed timescales.
• Manage the escalations that are driven by the team members.
• Build effective relationships with IT, Finance and the wider business to drive process efficiencies & solve day to day problems.
• Propose, recommend and implement process and system improvements
• Proven track record of managing a credit control function, particularly systems implementation and managing change
• Line management including performance appraisal, team and individual development and attendance management
• Resource management and workflow management
• Track record of success in a busy hands-on holistic credit role
If you have the skills and experience required and want to join a growing successful business with the opportunity to progress and develop your career, then please don’t hesitate to apply.