Axon Moore are currently partnering a growing group of organisations in York as they search for a Head of Finance to join their organisation on a 12-15-month fixed contract.
The business is going through a period of change, in additional to managing a team sitting across Management Accounts, Statutory Accounts and Financial Systems, the role will play an active part in the current systems implementation.
Leading a team of 3 direct reports, you will have overall responsibility for:
• Production of monthly management accounts
• Delivery of accurate monthly cash flows
• Management of the financial risks and opportunities register
• Assist the team with commentary and finalisation of the accounts
• Oversee the production of statutory accounts and corporation tax
• Management of stakeholders across the business
• Continual review of processes to increase efficiencies
• Development of improved systems, controls, and process across the finance function
• Be part of the system implementation team
The Head of Finance will need to work collaboratively at every level within the organisation. An inquiring mind, the ability to think proactively and independently and the confidence to step into an established environment will help define the right candidate. Relevant candidates will need to be hands on to understand the mechanics of the business. Above all, they must have the ability, capacity, and enthusiasm to deliver ongoing projects in sync with delivering the day to day.
The role will pay a salary of £55-60,000 plus car allowance, bonus scheme and benefits. Currently working from home with a move to a hybrid role in future months.