Axon Moore are working in partnership with a highly acquisitive group based in York to recruit a high calibre Group Finance Manager on a long term fixed contract.
The role is essentially technical in focus yet requires an individual who has very strong communication skills and enjoys enhancing the team and the offering they can provide to the wider business.
Key duties will include:
• Management and development of a small team of Management Accountants
• Production of monthly Management Accounts and commentary
• Production of monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and forecasts
• Development of business wide financial controls, risk management and corporate governance procedures
• Managing the audit relationship and liaising with external advisers on tax and treasury matters
• Supporting the CFO on key initiatives such as finance restructuring, M&A projects and systems implementation projects
• Production of annual Statutory Accounts
• Ownership of Corporation Tax and VAT returns
• Providing insights and responses to parent company questions
• Overseeing group cash-flow, preparation of forecasts
Key skills and experience:
• Must be fully qualified, ACA is highly desirable
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong up-to-date technical financial accounting knowledge
• Can demonstrate previously driving process improvements
• Highly motivated and pro-active self-starter
• Experience of having worked in a group environment greatly preferred
The role also offers a 12-15 month contract with a salary of £45,000 plus a car allowance, bonus, 6 weeks holiday + stats.