Financial Controller | £60,000 - £65,000 | Lancashire | Services Business | Exciting High Growth SME
Axon Moore is exclusively recruiting for a Financial Controller for a highly acquisitional Services business in the Blackburn area who have experienced sustained growth. With recently secured PE backing, they now have great aspirational plans to triple their turnover in the next few years.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and ambitious candidate to take on a step up into their first Financial Controller position under guidance from a newly appointed, high-profile ACA CFO, along with the CEO and advisors. This role will lead a finance team that is integral to the business in driving performance and being the main catalyst for change.
The successful Financial Controller can expect to:
• Report into the CFO and operational board taking full ownership for the finance function.
• Take ownership for developing a new board pack, including taking ownership for leveraging data within the business to provide useful management information (MI) for strategic decision making and optimization of commercial performance. This will include some process engineering.
• Lead a strong and dynamic team of accountants overseeing the end-to-end production of financial and management accounts
• Have full autonomy for the development of processes, controls and systems
• Improve the level of balance sheet control.
• Involvement in the annual business planning / budget cycle
• Owning the monthly group consolidation process.
• Preparing presentations and commentary for CFO / investors, which will include performance variance vs budget.
• Managing the year end accounts production and audit process.
• Oversight of VAT compliance and corporation tax production.
• Accelerating the timescales in which acquired businesses are transferred across to our Sage accounting system.
• Manage senior stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
The successful applicant will be an ambitious individual looking for strong career progression. They’ll need to have the self-motivation and gravitas to lead in the above role headlines, and they’ll need to hold relevant qualifications (ACA / ACCA /CIMA) and experience. This would ideally suit a technically strong ACA seeking their second move within industry.
For more information regarding this opportunity please submit a CV application to Jessica Blackburn and the Axon Moore Chorley office.