A fantastic opportunity for a Legal cashier to join a highly ambitious and successful firm based in Manchester City Centre.
Due to the continued growth of the firm a Legal Cashier is required to join a respected and established team.
Purpose of the role:
Working within the accounts department with 7 other staff and reporting to the Finance Manager and Finance Director, your responsibilities will include all aspects of legal cashiering for a busy Solicitors Practice including client money controls, bank reconciliations and payment processing.
The role will also involve providing admin support for the general management of the business and assisting the Finance Team with other financial and commercial tasks.
This is a high-profile role involving interaction across the business at all levels with both financial and non-financial people. Attention to detail, flexibility and a can-do attitude are prerequisites for this role.
• Maintain a robust, ‘no surprises’ cashiering function being responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all payments sent and received.
• The enhancement of existing banking and cashiering processes, implementing strong controls where possible.
• Monitoring daily bank balances and the supervision of the operation of the SRA client money rules.
• Preparation of reconciliations, reports and ad hoc information as reasonably requested.
• Assisting with Accounts Payable and Credit Control for the practice where required.
Skills & Abilities:
• Applicants must have relevant experience of the role.
• Knowledge and experience of the operation of a legal services business is beneficial.
• Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills.
• Great attention to detail.
• A calm, professional, welcoming approach with the ability to work under pressure.
• Be a good team player.
If you have the skills and experience required and want to work for a firm that strives to create an environment and infrastructure that allows their employees to develop and feel appreciated, then please don’t hesitate to apply.