Axon Moore have been exclusively retained to partner with a private equity backed, services company based in Greater Manchester. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing business that is currently going through progressive and positive change and looking to bring in a hands-on Group Financial Controller. This controller position will be working very closely to a high calibre Group Finance Director and will have exposure to the board/PE house. This excellent opportunity will be focusing on driving the numbers and being the number 2 in finance in supporting a possible future exit and their acquisitions.
• Key support to Group FD with significant interaction with senior managers across the wider group
• Responsible for Group accounts consolidation which include 3 trading divisions and central currently comprised of multiple legal entities
• Audit lead working closely with audit partners to deliver on time and on budget statutory reporting
• Oversee group forecasting and budgeting processes with support from central team
• Preparation of financial data for board meetings and overview of monthly central accounts
• Finance lead on central commercial activities such a M&A, property management and procurement initiatives
• Driving process improvements group wide through ERP. Ensure clear adherence to finance policies
• Maintain and develop finance policies and procedures manual
• Manage and develop a finance team of 6 including qualified and PQ
• Creating and implementing internal audit programme for the group
• Review and sign off quarterly banking covenants and overview group tax reporting (CIS, VAT, Corp)
• Supporting the GFD with the ongoing integration and enhancement of existing acquisitions together with involvement in other transactional processes to include eventual PE exit
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) and have a solid technical track record of delivery within a changing environment. Experience and active participation in a private equity/ investment process would be beneficial but not crucial. You will however need to have excellent core finance experience and can thrive within a fast-paced and complex environment.
Salary is £70k - £80k + bonus + benefits
For further details or immediate consideration then please contact Perran Cooke at Axon Moore.