Axon Moore have been engaged by a large privately owned manufacturing organisation in East Yorkshire to assist in sourcing a Financial Accountant to join their finance function. This is a highly visible role, working for a fantastic brand in Yorkshire.
The business expects significant growth over the next few years and this role will be a key component in enabling decision making which will underpin the delivery of their strategic plans.
You will combine technical knowledge with communication to ensure a strong control environment & help the business meet its objectives. The role has responsibility for financial reporting and ensuring accounting implications are carefully considered in all commercial, operational and strategic decisions.
• Executing and improving key statutory reporting processes
• Involvement with and oversight of the smooth-running of the month-end close process
• Assisting in the preparation of annual budget
• Pro-active engagement with external auditors on critical areas and judgements, ensuring treatments are agreed well in advance.
• Preparation / review of key monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Assist in the preparation of MI to assist in helping decision making
In order to be considered for the role:
• You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or CIMA)
• A strong business partner
• Great analytical skills
• Experience of delivering high quality financial reports
• £35,000 - £40,000
• On-site parking
• Strong package
• Hybrid working environment
• Fantastic career progression