Axon Moore are exclusively recruiting an Accounts Payable Manager for a well-established and growing company based in their head office in Manchester City Centre. After growth and development of the business, they are now looking to bring an innovative and experienced Accounts Payable Manager into the business to head up the team of 7.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to assist the Financial Controller and oversee all Accounts Payable matters, while being hands on and a key point of contact for escalations and queries. You will encourage best practice and run an effective operation to ensure suppliers are paid on time and correctly, while looking at continuous improvement.
Salary – £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience, hybrid working of 3 days in the office is available. Other list of benefits are available on request.
- Manage the Accounts Payables team for both finance task performance and all aspects of general staff management.
- Provide support, mentoring and coaching to establish a high-morale culture and enable staff to fulfill all responsibilities effectively and accurately.
- Monitor, identify and address training needs and hold appraisal reviews according to company procedures.
- Coordinate staff holidays and other absences, ensuring all are recorded and processed correctly.
- Oversee all daily Accounts Payables tasks including the Balancing Settlement Plan (BSP), ensuring BSP payments are reconciled and allocated bi-weekly, and BSP interfaces are run on a timely basis.
- Prepare and process weekly BACS /Online Banking payments, bank transfers and foreign currency.
- Complete Company Lodge Card uploads and settlements, and AirPlus credit card processes.
- Download, invoice and reconcile Company Credit Card Statements to ensure all are settled correctly.
- Allocate supplier payments and make accurate settlement of supplier invoices.
- Handle Intercompany accounts, overheads invoice payments and internal expense claim processes.
- Check accuracy of raised invoices, client credit card charges and payment entries inputted in accounting systems.
- Review the Company creditor ledger to assess any presenting opportunity or risk and action accordingly.
- Provide reports as required, including reporting on agent errors for operational management.
- Liaise with Independent Contractors (ICs) to confirm all related accounting processes are completed appropriately.
- 2+ Years previous Accounts Payable Management experience including process improvement
- Experience managing a team in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Intermediate Excel (Pivot tables/Look ups) essential
- Previous experience of reporting and using accounting systems
- Innovative and keen to improve and challenge existing processes
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Confident communicator both written and verbally
- Performance driven and keen to exceed expectations
- Proven customer service experience