Chief Financial Officer | Merseyside | c.£130,000 + bonus + equity
Axon Moore have been retained by a North West based, PE backed, manufacturing business as they look to appoint a Chief Financial Officer. A leading specialist in their field, the organisation supplies niche products into the construction sector and has an enviable client portfolio and excellent track record of success; their products are unique and in high demand now and in the future.
The business seeks to appoint a CFO to business partner with the CEO and the Board, playing a pivotal role in the execution of the team’s ambitious plans and developing shareholder value across the investment cycle. The role will combine input into the strategic direction, commercial performance, funding, ownership and growth of the business together with “hands on” familiarity with the financial detail of the company.
Leading a small and experienced finance team the CFO will professionalise the established finance function; improving systems, procedures and controls in order to generate improved reporting with more detailed and better quality financial information around such information as customer/ product profitability and margin mix etc.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the business has a commercially integrated, robust finance function capable of delivering incisive and responsive reporting, supporting the business as it grows
• Preparation and presentation of all aspects of financial reporting required to both the business and the Board
• Monthly reporting of full management accounts including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and rolling forecasts
• Weekly cashflow monitoring prepared on consolidated basis for the group
• Alongside the senior leadership team, play an integral part in driving strategy, business development and future plans to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position
• Continued robust management of cash and working capital and implementation of policies and procedures as appropriate
• Establish and monitor performance reporting systems, ensuring Directors are provided with regular, quality reports inclusive of value added KPI’s around manufacturing processes etc
• Implementation and continuous improvement of the systems used to deliver services to customers
• Regularly evaluate operating procedures to create/adapt best practices to ensure uniform performance throughout the organisation
• Build strong working relationships with private equity stakeholders and be a main point of contact for the banks, auditors and other relevant advisors
• Maintain focus on maximisation of shareholder value and helping the business prepare for a successful exit
• Lead and develop the finance team and it’s coordination with the Directors and Senior Leadership
You will be a board level Qualified Accountant with significant private equity exposure. Experience of leading a business through an exit would also be beneficial.
The successful candidate will have the drive, ambition and “commercial nous” to support the CEO and the Board and collaborate with them to drive the business forward, but they must also retain the integrity, prudence and self-awareness required in the fiscal management of the company’s affairs and be a team player who puts self-interest behind the collective good.