Axon Moore are delighted to be exclusively recruiting for Payroll Manager/Head of Operations to join a fast growing accountancy and payroll firm, specialising in outsourced finance and payroll functions for small businesses, based in Warrington. This role will see you working closely with their high calibre and friendly Operations & Finance Director to drive the business forward.
Primary Job Purpose:
Primary Job Purpose:
- To manage all internal payroll operations, ensuring each stage of the payroll process is properly actioned, correct payments are made and appropriate information is communicated to HMRC, Pension providers and any other external parties;
- Main point of contact for all clients to ensure service levels are high and efficient;
- To manage the end of year statutory returns required by HMRC, pension providers and external parties
- To manage and control the payroll software and database;
- Process mapping of all payroll procedures;
- Supervision of the Payroll Assistant once hired and build a team as the business continues to grow.
- Accurately prepare and input payroll data into the payroll database, ensuring all payrolls are ran for clients on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Administer and calculate weekly/monthly pay, overtime, SSP, SMP, Pensions and other adjustments.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the weekly and monthly payrolls, completing all statutory and regulatory monthly and annual returns required by HMRC, Pension providers and other external parties.
- Conduct regular systems checks to ensure that the payroll database is working correctly and to identify any problems, reporting issues to the Finance Director and/or IT colleagues.
- Liaise closely with colleagues in the finance department, ensuring there are no outstanding debtors in relation to funds that have already been paid out.
- Produce detailed management reports as required by the Finance Director.
- Keep up to date with relevant regulations/legislation and determine the impact of any changes, taking action to implement changes where necessary.
- Participate in projects
- Perform any other duties appropriate to the post as required by the Finance Director.
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Attention to details
- Strong Mathematical skills
- Technically strong from a payroll perspective